Saw this bus during a night shoot and the way the lights were interacting with the windows made it look all psychedelic. I thought it was neat and colourful, although your mileage may vary. Hope you like it.
Well here we are at the end of yet another year. 2013 seemed to fly by, to be honest. Was it a good year? Yes and no, really. I did have a couple of pleasant surprises but also a couple of letdowns. I suppose it’s that way for most people. I did manage to stick to my workout program, although I admit the month of December was a weak point. It’s all good, though. I’m already planning on a comeback. Mostly I’ve got to get my eating back in order. The workouts have taken a little hit because of my shoulder but I’m back on track in that regard. I figure I’ve got 3+ months to get my shit together. That should be no problem.
So what was good in 2013. I’m waaaaaay happier at work than in 2012, for one thing. I met a girl, although it didn’t work out. But it was a lot of fun in the short time it lasted. I’m not unhappy like I was in 2012 and 2011. I was going to mention what wasn’t good in 2013, but what’s the point. Just move on, I say.
And what about 2014: I don’t do resolutions, but I have been thinking about what I might like to try to tackle in the new year. Here’s what I’ve got in mind:
- I already mentioned the easy one, getting back to full steam with my workout and eating program.
- The tougher one, the one I’m really not sure I want to commit to, is making a short documentary. I’ve been talking about it for a while now but it’s just sooo much work and since I already have a second job I really don’t know if I want to take on a third one, especially since it doesn’t pay. Not only does it not pay, it’ll likely cost me money I don’t have to spend. But I’ve decided that I will commit to making a very short doc about something, even if it ends up being a mere five to ten minutes in length.
- I also want to get photography book 2 finished, which I’ve already gotten underway. I’d like to have both the book and the doc done by next fall.
- Invest time and money into really learning how to do quality flash photography. I already have one flash unit but I’d like to get a second one and a wireless setup to fire them with. Again, not sure how realistic this is. I think making the doc will eat up all the available resources (time and money) for the year.
- Maybe meet someone. Not sure how but possibly an online dating site. If it happens, it’s got to happen at my speed, which means slow. I can’t rush into things. I’m just to shy.
Well, I think a list of five things is enough, no? I was going to include travelling, like to New York, but to be entirely honest with you and with myself, I don’t think I will ever travel. Not unless I win a lottery or something.
So that’s it, another year gone. I’m watching “Pacific Rim,” which is an exciting and incredibly well shot sci fi. Then to bed. I won’t make it to midnight but I can’t recall the last time I did, so it doesn’t matter. Tomorrow I may meet the photography group for lunch out in the west end. They are on an outing tomorrow but I’m not in the mood for it.
So in closing I’d like to wish you all a very happy new year. Be safe. And all the best for 2014. Thank you so much for your support this year. In the past 12 months I’ve had over 15,000 visitors, which is down from 45,000+ in 2012. The visitors to my site come from 163 different countries around the globe, including, remarkably, North Korea. I also currently have 740 subscribers, which is quite flattering.